Every student should know how to write different academic papers. If you are in a psychology class, you should know what types of psychology papers you may deal with. If not, here you are.
Papers on Psychology
- An essay on psychology is absolutely the same thing as an essay on any other subject. Its aim is to give a summary to a topic in a clear and concise way. And you must know that every essay consists of an introduction, a main body, and a conclusion.
- Research paper. A research paper studies a certain issue, a certain subject very thoroughly. It consists of a few parts. One introduces the purpose of writing, another speaks on the issues and provides arguments, and one more analyzes gathered information and concludes conducted research.
- Literature review. The review sums up research that has something to do with a specific issue or subject. It importance consists in the presentation of the research that has been carried out before.
- Lab report. By its structure, the report is similar to a journal article. People write one to tell what they were researching, what results they got, and what those results mean. A lab report consists of a title page, abstract, an introduction, methods, results, a discussion, and a reference page.
- First and foremost, you have to choose a topic. It is easier when a teacher provides you with one. If you are on your own here, think of what you might be interested in, how you can develop the subject. Also check whether you can find enough information on it. And the topic should be general. The issue must be precise. But don’t be too specific, or you will end up with no sources of information on it.
- Research must be the most time-consuming and at he same time most important part. You are going to check lots of books and articles to find what you need. It would be great if you check older and latest research so you can see how a situation has changed.
- If you are bad at organizing, it would be difficult. But in fact, you just have to divide your paper into parts, each of which will present a specific idea. Besides, you have some notes after the research. All you need now is to put all things together so that they look logically. Then you can make a plan.
- When it comes down to the very writing, you start with a thesis statement. It is an essential part of the paper because it shows the issue you are going to discuss.
- Don’t think of writing the only paper. Start with a first draft. You will have the whole paper done, but you will need to reread it and see whether everything is fine or something should be changed.
- When we talked about a first draft, we partially meant editing. People make mistakes. When people write, they make spelling and grammatical mistakes. We recommend you to look a paper through and correct them if any.
- Revision can help you understand whether a paper is complete or missing something so you could add more information or rewrite what you already got.
- No matter how many times you check your paper yourself, it would be much better to give your paper to someone else so they check it too. They can find mistakes you may have missed.